Jenn

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

10 for Tuesday



As of today, I have exactly one week left of maternity leave. I go back to work next Wednesday, with mixed feelings. I’m looking forward to seeing my friends and colleagues, but it’s going to be hard leaving my baby girl. I’m so thankful that Hugh and I have been able to plan so that it wasn’t a struggle for me to be off work, unpaid for 3 months.

We are in the midst of a big project here at the house. We’re painting our cabinets. Doesn’t seem like a big deal until you realize that you have 21 cabinet doors. We decided to do this since a full remodel will probably be 5 years down the road. I’ll share pictures when we’ve completely finished but I have to say that I absolutely LOVE the results.

Aiden coughed in her sleep a bunch last night. She ended up waking up at 5, so I fed her and put her back to bed. She spent the next hour TALKING to her mobile. Hugh and I know this because we got to hear it on the monitor. It was hilarious. At least, as hilarious as anything is that early in the morning. She was so happy and just talking up a storm.

Brandon and Christine came for a visit yesterday. It was really nice getting to see them. Brandon works in the hotel business and Christine is an ER nurse. Their work hours don’t always allow us to see them on holidays and get-togethers so it was a real treat! Oh, and Brandon….I still don’t like that shirt.

Tonight is National Night Out-at least in Jersey Village. We’ve been invited to a party down the street and I’m excited. We’re officially going to be SOCIAL in the neighborhood. Hugh is slightly less excited, but he agrees that we need to be involved.

I’m currently obsessed with an Asian vinaigrette called Mama Tang’s. It’s made right here in Houston and it’s low calorie and fat free. It is delicious! We’ve been marinating chicken in it and eating salads with it. At some point I’m going to have to tell Hugh that I’m paying $7 a bottle for it, but by the time he figures that out I’m going to have him hooked.

I miss playing softball. Hugh and I used to play softball on Monday nights. After getting pregnant, I had to stop playing. Hugh still plays, but I miss it. I miss playing and getting to watch him. Aiden’s schedule is more important though, so I just have to keep reminding myself.

I seriously hope that I fit into my work clothes. I’ve lost my baby weight, but my overall weight is definitely re-distributed. We’ll see come next week!

I’m going shopping this afternoon to get Aiden a jacket. It’s gotten a little cooler here and we realized that we only have summer stuff for her.

I find it hilarious that my breakfast is called Muscle Milk Light and right below that it says CONTAINS NO MILK.

1 comment:

  1. Being social is overrated. Looking at the below photos, I have to say, you look uh-mazing!

    ReplyDelete