Jenn

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Moving Update: A really long Saturday!

We move next Saturday. I’m really excited and ready to get into the house. So….a cat happened to live in the house before us. It was a short stay for the cat (I’ll refer to him as Mr. Whiskers even though I’ve never been pleasured to make his acquaintance.) While this normally wouldn’t be an issue I happen to be married to a man that has a serious cat allergy. And by cat allergy I mean: Please pass me the Benadryl pez that I can swish down with my epinephrine martini.

No problem! The house has hardwood floors and ceramic tile in every room but the actual bedrooms. The bedrooms have a nice plush carpet. I called a carpet cleaner and had them come out and clean the carpets. The day before we move in I’m having a cleaning company come out and literally clean the house from top to bottom, including washing the walls. There will be no remaining bits of Mr. Whiskers to bother my poor Hughbear’s delicate nasal passages.

Today we had the majority of our respective families come over and help work. We have one length of the fence in the backyard that we needed to reinforce to make sure that our doggies don’t decide to leave. We worked very hard and got a ton of things accomplished outside. We’re definitely ready to go for next weekend. I am very thankful to all of them that took time from their weekends to help us out. All we could do was pay them with lunch and candy bars, but they all seemed pretty happy. Plus, it gave everyone a chance to see where we’re going to be living. Everybody loved the house, and I’m glad that they’re all so happy for us.

It’s 8:40 and Hugh’s already asleep. He cut his leg right below his knee on a brick today. I think he needs stitches but his comment to me was, “I’m too tired to go get stitches.” It’s quite a deep gash, and even though I put a butterfly bandage on it I don’t think it’s going to stay closed. We’ll see. Maybe tomorrow it will have magically shrunk and closed together. And maybe I’ll wake up tomorrow to a French toast breakfast. Not likely, but it’s always a possibility.

Random Note: I’m currently shedding like a sheepdog. It’s driving me crazy and it’s pretty gross. There’s hair everywhere! I’m taking my thyroid medicine like a good girl so I’m not sure what’s going on. Maybe I should just cut off all my hair and the problem will be solved.

Thank you to the following people for all of your help today! We couldn’t have done it without you:
Renee
Frank
Mac
Theresa
Jordan
Krystal
Chelsey
Eddie
Jackson
Fredi
Jeanne

We love you guys, so very much!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment