Jenn

Monday, February 27, 2012

25 Weeks!

Wow. I can’t believe that the baby will be here in around 100 days! (Lord willing, we want this little one to cook the whole time!) I have an app on my phone that keeps a small countdown calendar for my due date. About once a week I look at it and update Hugh on the amount of days we have left of just being “us”. It’s a bit scary. We’re very excited and looking forward to meeting our little one; but it’s a huge change and we’re both nervous.

Clothes: I’m completely in maternity pants at this point. I’m still able to mix in regular shirts as long as I have one a camisole beneath it. Ditto for my dresses. I wear some of my regular dresses with leggings each week. I’ve found that leggings and dresses or tunics are my favorite things to wear. They are much more comfortable than pants. I think I’m going to have to break down and find some type of maternity work-out shorts. I’m still wearing my own shorts to the gym, but they’re starting to get a little uncomfortable around my belly. Oh, and I really need to see if Speedo or Nike make a maternity version of their racing suits. My regular swimsuit is attempting to kill me.
Weight Gain: At this point I’ve gained right at 15 pounds. When we were in the Dr.’s office last time I inquired about my weight gain and if I was gaining too much, too fast. The nurse actually laughed at me. She said that I really need to stop stressing about the weight. According to the baby books we have I’m a few pounds under the “average” weight gain at this point. Sometime during the weekend, I finally decided to let go of the anxiety about the weight gain. I know that I’ll get it all off after the baby. I don’t want to look back on my pregnancy and realize that all I did was worry about weight gain. Life is TOO SHORT! Oh...and my boob are HUGE! I'm starting to get concerned with the size. I mean...where are they going to go?
Baby Size: The baby is about the size of a large eggplant and weighs around 1.25lbs! He/She moves all the time my uterus is the size of a soccer ball. Holy crap. A soccer ball, people. I can see my stomach move from the outside when the baby’s kicking. It’s a crazy thing to see and I love how much Hugh wants to touch my stomach and see everything as well.
Food: I’m still loving cereal, but I’m trying really hard to make sure that I’m getting in some protein as well. Hugh gets worried when I don’t want to eat meat so I try to eat something with meat once a day. I can’t seem to get enough citrus. I eat fruit all the time and I’ve been trying to curtail my orange juice drinking. It’s pretty sad, but I’ll wake up in the middle of the night CRAVING orange juice. The dogs always follow me into the kitchen and I appreciate the company.
Overall: I’m feeling good, but my lower back hurts. It’s driving me crazy. Stretching doesn’t seem to help so I’ve been sitting with the heating pad at night. I’ve also noticed that I’m starting to get tired during the day again. We spent all yesterday working in the yard and there may have been a few times that I seriously considered curling up next to Tobey in the grass and taking a little nap. Then I noticed that Tobey wasn’t napping. He was eating bugs. No thanks, that’s not really my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment