Jenn

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Current Bump Report: 22 Weeks

We are now more than halfway through this pregnancy and our due date is fast approaching. I’m starting to get a little worried that we can’t decide on a baby name. We may just end up naming this kid baby. We finally decided on paint for the nursery and Hugh’s going to work on getting that finished up.  
I’m really feeling pregnant now. The other day I decided to wear this sweater top to work that’s non-maternity. I typically don’t wear this often because it’s a little big on me. Well, it looked like a fitted top. You can see it in the picture below.
Please ignore all the crap in my bathroom and instead focus on the large belly. No, it’s not twins. Yes, I’ll consider stabbing you if you ask me.
I went and got a bikini wax last week since I’m officially having a hard time seeing over my bump. I’d read about how your skin is more sensitive during pregnancy but I hadn’t really noticed any changes. While the waxing didn’t hurt too badly, my skin decided to react to it. My entire bikini area was HORRIBLY red. It looked like I’d been blistered. Plus, it hurt like I’d been burned. THEN, to make it better, about three days after the skin started peeling. I couldn’t help but laugh. I mean…seriously? I can’t have sex anymore so why don’t we just make your whole bikini area look like its got leprosy? I’m glad that Hugh has a sense of humor.
I’ve been eating a TON of cereal lately. I’m usually not a big cereal eater, so this is out of the ordinary for me. It’s driving Hugh crazy that it’s pretty much all I want to eat. I actually ate cereal and two cucumbers for lunch yesterday and I didn’t even stop to consider that that might not be a good combination. While I might be eating large quantities of shredded wheat, I’m keeping up with eating my fruits and veggies.
I had a complete adult temper tantrum last Friday night. I had been thinking all day about how much I wanted to go eat at Balderas Tamale Factory for dinner. Hugh ended up getting home a little later than usual and we had to go to Costco and get the dogs more food. Hugh asked me if I would prefer to eat something at the house and just go to Balderas for lunch the next day. This was a COMPLETELY reasonable request. In my mind, I realized that it made more sense. However…pregnancy hormones decided to rear their head and I decided that I should stomp around the house yelling about how all I wanted that ENTIRE day were some tamales. I honestly felt the crazy coming out of me and I even recognized how crazy I sounded, yet I couldn’t stop it. Poor Hugh. He was very calm and just said, “Ok. We can just eat a little later tonight. Let’s go!”
Bless him. Bless him. Bless him.
The tamales were delicious.

1 comment:

  1. AHAHAHAHA! oh, that is too funny! My weird craving with Ovaka was cantaloupe. For the record, going an entire 24 hours eating JUST cantaloupe...um...the outcome is less than ideal. Just sayin. :)

    ReplyDelete