Jenn

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

10 Bits of Information


1.       While you may tell yourself at 5:30 in the morning that fat free popcorn will be enough for your lunch, it’s not. Don’t do it. You will starve.

2.       Amazon 1-click purchasing can be a problem.

3.       Amazon Mom (aka Prime) is the best thing since sliced bread. Seriously. The discounts make spending $300 a month on formula a little bit easier. Hey…it could be $400!

4.       The woman that stole my credit cards and some cash from me last year at my brother-in-laws wedding has been sentenced! It only took 11.5 months, but she’s on 4 years of probation for 2 counts of credit card fraud and 1 count of possession of meth. Did I mention that she’d been previously convicted of endangering a child? Oh, and 2 other previous charges of possession of opiates? Classy lady. She’s also been ordered to pay back the $23 in cash she took from me on top of some hefty court fines. Thanks to the Hays County Victim Services department for keeping in contact with me for the past year to keep me in the loop and to get my opinions for the judge.

5.       Aiden has been sitting up on her own and “crawling” (she’s not that good yet) for a while. However, she hadn’t been able to go from a crawling position to a sitting position on her own. She chose to do that yesterday. For my sister. J While I would have enjoyed seeing it for the first time, I’m just happy that she’s growing!

6.       The battery died in the Jetta yesterday. Died as in dead. Couldn’t even hold a charge. I use a great car repair service near my school that did an incredible job. I called them, they sent over their shop foreman immediately. He tried to jump it and realized that I needed a new battery. I already had a ride on the way so he offered to keep my keys, go get a battery, install the new one, and drive it over to their shop so we could get it later. Relatively painless. Minus the fact that it cost us $200. The battery for our little diesel import was $150 alone. Then, the government has to charge you a million dollars to purchase said battery.

7.       Hugh and I joined our block this year in the neighborhood in the decorating theme. We had to buy a Christmas Lamp Post. It’s really cute, but it doesn’t exactly meet Hugh’s high standards for quality plastic decorations.

8.       I made a roast in the crock-pot on Sunday night that was divine. Thank you HEB for having $1.99/lb specials when you open your new stores. We will forever shop HEB grand openings.

9.       Tobey and Cassie got baths and haircuts on Sunday. They weren’t thrilled, but they look so darn cute! They smell better too.

10.   Sucralose is in everything. I recently noticed that it’s in the protein shakes that I drink for meals, it’s in light yogurt, most chocolate milks, and pretty much all things labeled “light”. Let’s just hope that it doesn’t kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment