Jenn

Monday, December 10, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday to Hughbear!


Hugh turned 33, almost one month ago. I haven’t had a chance to write about it, but I’m finally getting to it.

For Hugh’s birthday this year, he wanted a party. We came up with the idea of having a “Hughtoberfest” complete with two of Hugh’s favorite things: sausage and beer!

Back in September, we had a little get-together that was a beer making party. We grilled and hung out while Hugh and his friend Lee cooked up a batch of Oktoberfest beer. This beer then got to live in our GUEST SHOWER (I hadn’t been informed of this prior to the beer being made) until the week before Hugh’s party. Did I mention that the beer actually exploded at one time? No??? How silly of me. I’ve blocked it from my memory.

The party was a big success. The house was filled with family and friends and Hugh had a great time. The beer was excellent, and the food was delicious. There were no fires, the police weren’t called, and nobody had their car towed so I’m considering it a success.

The best part of the party? Aiden and I left at 6:30 and spent the night at my in-laws house. After all of the wives went home the guys all stayed and played an old-school original HALO party. They connected two T.V.’s together and played. They had a blast, and even though our house looked like a disaster zone the next morning, Hugh was happy. Plus, they all had a blast.
 
This was taken the night before the party. Hugh and his friend Lee had to make sure that everything worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment