Jenn

Friday, December 21, 2012

Jetta Mo-bile


Ahhhh…..my Jetta.
 

We bought the Jetta 2.5 years ago since Hugh and I didn’t want to be a two-truck family. Since his truck was really awesome, mine had to go.

The Jetta is great. It’s a diesel, so it gets great gas mileage. It’s also a turbo so it’s really quite fast. It’s too small for us to go anywhere with Aiden in it, but it’s perfect for my commute to work.

And then last week happened. Aiden had a doctor’s appointment and I had to leave work a little early to meet Hugh and Aiden. I get in the car…wouldn’t start. WTF! I ended up calling a place that’s right by my work where we have work done, and they sent a mechanic right over to check it out. The battery was dead! It was so dead that they couldn’t even jump it. The good news is that they offered to bring a new battery over, change it out and then drive it over to their shop for me. Luckily, my mother-in-law was able to come pick me up and Hugh and Aiden came and got me after her appointment.

P.S…..a new battery for a diesel Jetta cost about $200. Now, we paid about $20 for the valet service, but that’s still an expensive battery.

Fast forward to Wednesday of this week. I’m on the highway heading home from work when I hear a loud “POP” from the car. My dashboard lit up like it’s a Fourth of July fireworks show and the car is hard to control. I had a blowout. I was able to exit the highway and make a turn into a gas station. I called my father-in-law and he came to help me change the tire. Chelsey met us at the gas station so I could take Aiden with me, and today I will be getting 4 new tires.

YAY for spending $1,000 on your car in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment