Jenn

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The busy McCrea house….

Whew!! Hugh and I have been crazy busy lately. Let me fill you in on all the happenings.

Hugh got a new job!!! He starts work with BBVA Compass Bank next week. He’ll be working as a Vice President in the Wealth Management department where he’ll be in charge of a team of analysts. I am so happy and proud of him! The job comes with a 45 minute commute and hopefully a reason for us to move sometime soon. J We went out this past weekend and shopped for some more “dressy” work clothes. Hugh’s been spoiled the past three years and hasn’t had to dress up very often. I know he’s excited and looking forward to a new challenge.

I finished my master’s degree in Instructional Technology and Leadership this past summer. I was contacted by a fellow classmate of mine and informed that we were only 12 hours away from having our Administrative Certificate. This is a certification that allows you to be a school principal. Now, I have to be honest and say that I have absolutely no desire to ever be a school administrator. It’s just not something that holds much interest for me. But, (and this is a big one) I’m a big believer in not limiting yourself. For all I know, the current position that I hold might require that certificate in another district. I like where I’m at, but I can’t guarantee that I’ll be here until I retire. I decided to go ahead with the classes, and I started last week. It’s been an adjustment to get back into “school mode” but I’m managing! Now, if I can only convince my banker-husband to get his MBA, it’ll all be good.

Gotta love the busy times!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment