Jenn

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cycling!

I started cycling in December of last year, and I absolutely love it. When I met Hugh for the first time he’d actually just completed his first MS150 with his Dad a couple weeks before. He made it sound so fun that two years later I joined the group.

We ride road bikes and yes, we are the people that wear spandex shorts and cycling jerseys. We can be found most Saturday mornings on the shoulder of the road…somewhere. J Of all the athletic things that I do, I enjoy cycling as much as I do swimming. It’s one of the few times where I can actually clear my head and not overanalyze everything. I like having an activity that Hugh and I can do together where I don’t feel like I’m ridiculously behind the curve. Honestly: you do have to wear padded shorts and some lovely lubricant called Butt Butter. I'll let you imagine the circumstances on your own.

The MS150 is a bike ride that goes from Houston to Austin in two days to benefit multiple sclerosis research. It’s actually 180 miles in two days, but apparently the MS180 doesn’t sound as cool as the MS150. It’s exhausting and very challenging, but it’s a lot of fun. Plus, it’s for a great cause. J Hugh, Mac, and I are riding this year and we each have to raise $400 for the race. If you’re interested in donating to one of us, just click on our name and it will take you to our individual donation sites where you can contribute. Don’t worry, it’s secure and tax deductible.


Here we are at the end of the ride last year.

Hugh and I at the last rest stop of the ride.

This would be me, being myself.

I call this one "sexy Hugh".

This is the start of the ride day 2 in La Grange.

We're supposed to be riding this Saturday, but I'm thinking that if the low is actually going to be 23 then I will be staying snug as a bug in bed instead!

Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment