Jenn

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Europe!!

Hugh and I have both always wanted to go to Europe. We planned and saved this past year and last night we booked our flight! We’ll be flying to England in June and spending a full 16 days exploring the places we’ve only read about or seen on t.v. I’m excited and a bit overwhelmed at the same time.

Where we want to go:

Well, I think we’d have to live in Europe for a few years to be able to visit all the places we’d like to see. Hugh and I came up with a list of the places in Europe we’d like to visit and so far all we’ve decided is that we will see London and Scotland. Other than that, we’re pretty open. We’re debating on possible going to Munich, Germany or possible to France. We’ve ruled out Italy, Rome, and Greece. They will have to be visited on later trips, and YES…there will be later trips. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to share. We like to be adventurous, don’t mind a lot of walking, and of course; love to eat!
Typically when we travel, I’m the planner. I’ve always enjoyed researching places and locating the best deals. It just seems different this time. I’ve been researching train travel for months and I’m feeling just as confused as when I started looking at it. I think it might be a little different if you’re used to public transportation, but other than the occasional subway ride we don’t have much to refer to. Of course, it might also help if all the names of the towns didn’t look like Greek to me. Oh wait!! It IS a different language. 

Hugh and I talked last night and have just decided that we’ll take suggestions and look over Tripadvisor to see what interesting ideas might pop up. We’re not going to over-plan this trip. We want to enjoy it.

HELP!!! Please share some ideas to get us started. Any advice is good advice!

Till later-

No comments:

Post a Comment