Jenn

Friday, February 18, 2011

Early Morning Swim and Chuck Taylor

I am planning on going to happy hour with some friends after school today, so in my attempt to still be good I got up and went to the gym to workout before work this morning. Hugh and I are working out a new gym, so this was the first time I’d used the pool. Now, this pool is really nice and the temperature is a warm 86* but at that time of the morning there’s no such thing as 86* water being considered warm. For the first two laps I seriously questioned my sanity. The moment that turned it all around for me was when I glanced up and noticed a very large swim timing counter on the wall. I was able to watch my time with every stroke. I realize that I may have the brain of a hamster but there was just something about those red numbers counting up that mesmerized me. I was able to zone out and just work hard. It was a great workout and I’m glad I sacrificed some sleep in my warm bed for it.

One thing I’d forgotten about swimming in the morning was my goggle line. When you pull your goggles off you get a LOVELY suction cup looking effect around your eyes. While some people may find this to be extremely attractive, I’m personally not in to it. Luckily, enough time has passed that they aren’t that noticeable.

Today is going to be a great day because I’m wearing my custom designed Chuck Taylor Converse high tops. They’re royal blue with red laces. I bought these (along with another coach) my first year in coaching to wear during basketball season. I have many great memories that tie to these shoes and I love wearing them.




Have a great weekend!!

1 comment: