Jenn

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I just want my orange juice back!!

Ok…so one of my New Year’s Resolutions was to lose some weight. Even though I’m actually in the “healthy” weight range for my height I’m tired of being chubby! I’m currently 16 pounds away from my goal weight and struggling. I’ve hit a total plateau and I’m trying something different to help bolster me over the hump. Back in mid-October I started doing Weight Watcher’s here at school. I’ve lost about 12 pounds and I’ve managed to keep it off but I HATED going to the meetings. I quit over the Christmas break but paid to keep an online subscription so I can track my weight weekly. In January I changed my workout significantly. I’m swimming three days a week and either doing spin class or some type of cardio for the other two days a week. One day on the weekend, I ride my bike with Hugh and Mac. Obviously exercise is not my issue; I’m getting plenty of it.

Last Friday one of my coworkers sent me some information about an all protein and vegetable diet. I read about it and while it seems crazy, I can understand the concept. It’s nothing I can do long-term, simply because it cuts out all fruit and dairy. I don’t care what scientific research they have but I don’t think any diet that completely removes a food group is healthy. BUT, I have realized that I seem to have a sugar/carbohydrate addiction. I’ve made it three days so far without carbohydrates, fruit, or any processed sugar. I don’t think this is anything that I can do forever but I do have to say that it’s made me realize how much I really do eat carbs and sugar. Anyways, I’ll keep you updated on how it’s going. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment