Jenn

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Night Flight!!

When Hugh got an awesome job offer in January, I started scoping out a great “Good Job” gift. One of my good friends from work is a retired Air Force Colonel and he’s a pilot. I talked to him about some different options and I decided on having the Col. take us up for a night flight. Needless to say, Hugh was thrilled with the idea. I have to admit that I was a little nervous at first. The idea of climbing in to a tiny single-engine plane in the dark was a little disconcerting for me.

My fears left the moment we took off! It was so amazing! Think about it: How can you be nervous flying with someone that flew jets in Vietnam? We flew over 290 and through the I-10 corridor where we got a great view of the city skyline. Then we hopped on over to the San Jacinto Monument and circled it a few times before heading back. It’s amazing what you can see flying at that height. I took pictures and sat in the back while the Col. and Hugh sat up front. Hugh even got to take the controls for a few minutes and I could tell by the smile on his face that he was happy.

Here’s the problem with flying: It’s addicting! I can’t wait to go again during the daytime and take a look around. I have no desire to actually fly anything but I really enjoy getting to ride. I know Hugh wants to get out again and his Dad even mentioned that he’d like to go as well.  



Hugh and Me before the flight.

This is right before take off.
 This is Col. Dan and me.
 The controls.
 Here's Hugh being all sexy in front of the plane.
 Skyline


I love this picture! Hugh did a great job getting the reflection on the wing.

1 comment: