Jenn

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Resolution UPDATE!

Alright….I made a few resolutions in January and I thought it might be a good idea to give an update on how I’ve been doing at keeping them.

Resolutions from January:

Be able to run 3 miles without stopping
I actually haven’t been running too much lately. I know that I’ve improved my cardio endurance greatly but I can’t say for sure that I can accomplish this. I’ve been focused on my cycling, so as soon as the MS 150 is over I’ll refocus on the running.

Lower my BMI by 3 points of lose 20 pounds
I’m slowly but surely making this happen! As of last week I’d lost 10 pounds since January. I have 10 more pounds to go to hit my goal weight, so I’m focused and working hard. Since my weight fluctuates so much with cycling I’ve decided to hold off on weighing myself until after the big ride. I can say (with a big ‘ol smile on my face) that I’ve lost 17 pounds since last October! YAY!!

Only go to the grocery store once a week
I can happily say that this happens about 95% of the time. We rarely, if ever, go to the grocery store during the week anymore. We usually go together on Sundays and it’s working out well.

Stick to our allotted budget
YAY!! This is a great one for us. Hugh and I have both been doing very well with this. We’ve been saving even more than usual and thanks to some inventive coupon usage we’ve even managed to drop our grocery bills.

Go to Europe
Ohhhh yeahhhhh….this is happening! We’re leaving this summer to go on our long-awaited Europe trip. We’ve decided on visiting Munich, London, and Edinburgh. I know that Hugh is just as excited as I am. AND, thanks to our budget discipline the trip will have been paid for before we even step on the plane to leave.

Be more positive in my dealings with family members.
Hmmm….maybe I need to send out a survey to see how this one is going.

Convince my husband to play hooky from work at least once so we can go play.
This hasn’t happened yet, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to get him to comply later on in the summer. Hugh and I are both big beach/water fun people and since we won’t be getting that in Europe I know he’ll need a day off to play.

Take the dogs to hike at Sam Houston State Park
I’m hoping we can make this happen the weekend after the MS 150!

Take the challenge route on the MS150 this year
This one makes me nervous. I’ve been training and working out like a crazy person this year, but I still find myself intimidated by the “challenge route”. I’m 100% positive that I can handle it physically, but I need to locate my misplaced confidence. We’ll see what happens. I have until the morning of day 2 of the ride to decide.

Improve my average cycling speed.
Done! I'm a beast in spandex.

Seriously reduce the amount of sodas I drink.
Um. Well. When I wrote this I was talking about caffeine. I have limited my caffeine intake greatly, but I am now drinking all natural sodas that are sugar and caffeine free. Not sure if that’s accomplishing the goal or not. Ok, fail.

Keep up the blog!
Yeah. I’ve been a slacker. I’m working on it.

Work and being a positive, uplifting wife.
I’ll ask Hugh about this one! I did go on my own and got 40 pieces of sod for the backyard yesterday. I put them out myself! And then I cooked a nice dinner. If that doesn’t count for something…..  J

I’ll keep you updated!


1 comment:

  1. Jenn, it sounds like you are doing wonderful!!! Your list makes me tired - haha!

    ReplyDelete