Jenn

Friday, December 17, 2010

Holiday Baking Addictions!

Ok. I admit it. I love to bake. Putting it nicely, I have a type-A personality. =) There are very few times when I can actually be quiet. Hugh tells me all the time that I need to learn to relax, and I have to be honest when I say that I’m not even sure what he means. When I try to relax all I can do is think of is all the things that I still need to get done. Wow…..this is starting to sound like a mental health commercial. Great.

Anyways, the thing with baking for me is that it’s one of the few things that I can do that allows me to focus, be quiet, and relax. I really enjoy it and I know it’s a great outlet for me. I actually do a very good job of baking and not eating all of the stuff I make. Since Hugh is very conscientious of what he eats, our co-workers, neighbors, and families are very well fed.

Cake Balls!

Ok. I’m known in my family for making the best cake balls. (there…I said it!) I sure as heck didn’t start out that way with them, in fact the first few times I made them they looked more like cake lumps. In the beginning they were so bad that my friends Coni and Val wouldn’t let me do anything but prepare the cake mix at first. The way I make them now they actually look like store-bought candies. I’m very proud of them and while they aren’t actually difficult to make, they are seriously time consuming. I’m very particular and I like for them to look nice. If you want the recipe, please email me. I’m more than happy to share.

My new recipe favorite is Ginger Cookies. I was given a recipe from the librarian at my school and I have to say, these are to die for! Imagine getting to eat a gingersnap that’s soft and chewy. They’re easy to make and delicious. I’m including some of the pictures. Yes, I took pictures of the cookies I made.





Gotta love cookies!!!





1 comment:

  1. Jenn, I want both recipies please and thank you! I only made cake balls once, and they turned out terrible!! I need help :)

    ReplyDelete