Jenn

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Holiday Run-Around!

I love Christmas. Really. I love the decorations, the shopping, the food, spending time with family. I feel like the whole world seems to have a nicer “feel” to it and people seem happier. Last Saturday night Hugh and I actually drove through Prestonwood Forrest, which is a neighborhood where every block decorates with a specific theme. It was awesome. We listened to holiday music on the radio, and just felt like kids. It reminded me of when I was little and we would always drive around looking at Christmas lights. It was my grandmother’s “Mema” favorite thing to do at Christmas. This is the second Christmas without her, and even though I can think of happy memories now I still miss her terribly.

The only thing that can get to me over the holidays is all the running around. I love it when we get to have family get-togethers, but sometimes it starts to feel like all we do at Christmas is run around. If there’s some secret to juggling everything then I would love to know what it is. I always feel as if someone is going to feel left out. We try to see everyone and spend quality time with them, and then before you know it the holidays are over and you feel more stressed out than you did BEFORE your vacation. What gets me is that it’s not just my immediate family and then Hugh’s immediate family. We have extended family for both sides, and then there are all the parties that we want to go to with our friends. It just starts to become crazy! Hugh and I hope to have kids someday and I can’t even imagine how difficult it will be then.

Is there an answer that just makes it all easier? I'd love to get some feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment