Jenn

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Red River.....Part 1

Yay!!! My parent's decided that they wanted to Red River, New Mexico for Christmas back in July and they extended the offer for all of us kids to join them there. Talk about fun!! I haven't really mentioned it much because I didn't want the world to know that we wouldn't be home for a week. We left on Tuesday, the 21st and drove to Amarillo and stayed the night. The next day we drove the final leg of the trip to Red River, New Mexico. Red River is the Northern most ski area in NM. My Aunt Mary and Uncle Clifton have been going there for years at Christmas time and we were happy that they were willing to share it with us. It's a small town where you can actually walk from one end to the other. It's amazing that you can walk to ski, walk to shop, and walk to eat. We had a blast, and Hugh and I will always look back on this trip as a great first-married-Christmas getaway.

Unfortunately, my Dad got sick on the way there. He had a horrible upper respiratory infection that had him out the entire trip. He felt awful, and we all felt bad that he didn't get to enjoy his trip. Jackson got sick and earned himself a trip to the emergency room (pneumonia!) and before they left, my mom and sister were sick as well. The entire group left a day early to get Jackson back to his pediatrician. Putting all of that aside, we enjoyed the trip and I had a blast learning to ski. It was my first time and I took to it very well. I can't wait to go back and I hope Hugh and I get to ski more often. Here are some of the photo highlights, I'll do another post on all of the other happenings. Oh....Hugh and I did learn something: we will no longer be doing driving trips. Driving long distances sucks.

This is a buck that was about 20 feet from our car. There was a horribly dense fog and all of a sudden there were deer EVERYWHERE!

This is in the Carson National Forest. We stopped and took some pictures, great scenery. It was so beautiful.


I love this picture. I looked surprised, Brandon looks shocked and Jordan just looks.....well, like Jordan.

Christmas Eve night there was a torchlighting ceremony down the face of the mountain. It was realy cool and very magical. We all loved it.

Hugh and I after the torch parade.

My Aunt Mary and Uncle Clifton. They are very sweet and we are so appreciative that they shared Red River with us.

I included this one because Hugh took the picture and  it's one of his favorites.

Aunt Mary and Jackson!

This is Hugh. All dressed up and holding his scotch.

This is what happens when you let Brandon have your camera on Christmas morning. Isn't he handsome? HA!

Me and Hugh on Christmas morning. Santa brought all of us gifts in the hats we're wearing.

More to come!!!!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment