Jenn

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

To be, or not to be....organized, that is.


Even though my mother would disagree, I’m a very organized person at work. At home I may have a hard time locating things or perhaps I might forget to take my shoes upstairs. Ok, and then there was that one time that I put the milk in the cabinet and the glass in the fridge. BUT, I’m very organized at work. My desk is always clean and organized, and even my computer has order. I don’t let emails sit in my inbox-they all have nice little folders where they live. Part of my job has me in different classrooms all the time. I’m in and out and sometimes in one place longer than another. I’ve been able to observe all different forms of organization. For instance, I’ve been in classrooms where I’ve realized that I haven’t even scratched the surface of clean and organized. We’re talking about rooms that put Martha Stewart to shame. AND then there’s the other end of the spectrum. I’ve been in rooms that are so disorganized that they could star in a show called, “Educational Hoarders: BURIED ALIVE”. It’s crazy. Bookcases overflowing, trash strewn about waiting to be thrown away, and the one odd thing: they always seem to have at least two staplers. Why two staplers? I was in one room where a teacher had a vast array of plastic cups all over the room. Why?? It’s a mystery.

I guess, from all of my ramblings that I’m more curious as to why it’s easy for me to be organized at work and yet it’s something that I struggle with at home? Maybe this is just another thing for me to wonder about……

No comments:

Post a Comment