Jenn

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Card Photoshoot

Last year Hugh and I did our first Christmas card together. It was our first “married Christmas” so we thought it was finally appropriate to send out cards together…Shhh…don’t tell anyone that we lived together before we got married…we’re heathens.
Anyways, we ordered our cards this past weekend from a design company that’s new to me but has been around for a while. I am 100% impressed with their work and I can’t WAIT to get our cards in. We decided to use a few of our photos from our European vacation but we wanted a photo of the dogs as well. We have tons of photos of our dogs, but Sunday afternoon I decided to pull out the camera to see if we could get the dogs to pose in front of the fireplace. You’ll notice by our outfits that this was a last minute idea and that Hugh and I never had any intention of being in the photos. I wouldn’t choose to wear my pajama pants and fat unicorn shirt for a Christmas card photo op. The chaos of the next few photos should explain how successful we were.

 Camera? You want me to look at the camera?

 Here, Tobey is wondering why Cassie is posing when this is obviously a painful experience.

 Tobey is tired of our game.

 We thought it might be easier if we helped by getting in the photo. LOL.

 Tobey isn't submissive at all and I wasn't going to be spread-eagle in a Christmas photo.

 Both dogs want their bellies rubbed.

 This is my favorite. Hugh had to carry Cassie over after he hit the timer so she's being flopped around a bit and Tobey is biting her ear. HAHAHAHA!

 If this one had been in focus I might have used it. It's too cute!

The photo shoot was a disaster but we laughed so hard that I might have cried a little. It was hilarious. Our dogs are very sweet and well-behaved, but that does NOT make them models. I think their true personalities came through in the photos and I’ll probably use a few of these in frames around the house. We ended up choosing a photo from an outside shoot that makes the dogs look much more majestic.

1 comment:

  1. I think Cassie looks very majestic in these! Hugh's shoes, however, steal the show!

    ReplyDelete