Jenn

Thursday, November 3, 2011

November Ramblings...

For those of you that prefer a more thought-out organized writing style: This entry is not for you. I’m warning you beforehand that I’m all over the place today.
Things have settled down a bit for us here lately. After my month of medical crap (I have no other words for it) things are finally getting back to normal for us. After being out of a gym for two months Hugh and decided to join the local LA Fitness near our house. It’s very convenient and we’re both much happier with a steady work out schedule. I had been running outside and getting plenty of the cardio that I need but I was missing my weight work outs.
The dogs.
Since we’ve moved in, Tobey and Cassie have had complete personality changes. Cassie used to be the most loving dog. She would do anything to be inside and in your lap. Tobey was the one that could care less. He would lay out in the grass for the entire day and most likely ignore you if you opened the door and told him he could come in. Well, now that they have a little over a half acre of fun to run around in all day, things have changed a bit. Cassie has a squirrel obsession. She spends the entire day in the backyard chasing squirrels. When she’s inside, she’s at the backdoor looking for squirrels. She was waking Hugh up twice a night to go outside and look for night squirrels. Tobey has become the one that is seeking attention and sleeping his entire day away. Don’t get me wrong; he spends most of his day running after squirrels and playing but the minute you open that back door he’s inside and done.
Well, Cassie caught a squirrel the other day. Caught it and um ate a bit of it. She left it on one of our stepping stones where the courtyard goes out into the backyard. I saw it when we came in one day and simply informed Hugh that he needed to take care of it and went inside. Ewww…. The reason I’m telling this story is that BECAUSE she killed a squirrel she has settled down. She’s become more like her old self and doesn’t seem to obsess about the squirrels any longer. At least, that’s what this doggie psychologist thinks.
Wedding(s)
My sister and Hugh’s brother are both getting married in the next two months. My sister Chelsey is getting married in a week and the other wedding is in December. Needless to say, Hugh and I have been spending a lot of time hosting/attending various wedding activities. Showers, Parties, Fittings, Meetings, Bachelor and Bachelorette parties….whew!! We’ve been busy. Oh, and then my other brother is getting married in Colorado this summer. I guess that only leaves Jordan as the “non-married” sibling. Hint. Hint. Hint. As the wedding festivities commence I’ll make posts about them.
Facebook
I’m really torn about Facebook. I enjoy getting to see pictures of my nephew and other family members. I like keeping up with old friends and such, but what I don’t like is the snarkyness of a few people. I don’t think it’s healthy and I’ve been wrestling with deleting my account for a while. Every time I go to delete it Hugh urges me not to because of all the positives. I think it would be a good thing. My life was fine before Facebook and it’ll be fine without it. I’ve been on G+ and I like it better, but to be honest I just feel like I have better things to do with my time that aren’t Facebook related. The more I type the easier the decision seems to be. I think it’s time for Facebook to go. If I’m stressing to see pictures of my nephew I can always have Hugh log in and look for me. OR…maybe my silly sister could email them to me.
Hugh’s Birthday
Hugh turns 32 next Sunday! We’re going to celebrate with our families the day after Chelsey and Eddie’s wedding in College Station. We’re going to eat lunch at Chicken Oil Company, which is awesome. Delicious. We used to go there after softball games in high school. Of course, this was back when I could eat a cheeseburger and Tijuana fries and it not end up on my butt. We’ll celebrate with our friends that night with sushi in Houston. And maybe a nap on Sunday.
Thanksgiving!
Originally, Hugh and I were going to spend Thanksgiving this year in Indiana with our favorite Aunt Anna and Uncle Paul. Ianthe (Anna) is Hugh’s aunt and Paul is her husband. We just LOVE getting to spend time with them. They’re great people, very interesting and educated, and we never fail to have a blast when we’re together. Unfortunately, the plane tickets are outrageous this year. As in, crazy expensive. So, instead we’re going to host Thanksgiving for the family at our house. While we’d love to be in Indiana, we’re both excited to be hosting a family meal in our new place. We’re going to attempt to decorate the house some and cook a turkey. Hopefully, our plan to visit Indiana over Spring Break will work out.
There….this is what’s been going on in our world. Nothing too exciting, but it’s our life and it’s real.
Love always,



No comments:

Post a Comment