Jenn

Thursday, January 12, 2012

16 Weeks

12/25/11

Christmas Day- I was 16 weeks pregnant to the day and I finally agreed to let Hugh take my picture from the side. I haven’t been taking weekly photos of my belly, but I do intend to take pictures from different times in my pregnancy.
At this point I’d gained a whopping 3 pounds, but my belly is sticking out. The week before I’d spent 3 days in the hospital with a stomach virus from hell that dehydrated me. I couldn’t get caught up. It didn’t matter how much I drank or attempted to eat; it was all coming right back out. After three days of no solid food and 9 bags of fluid, they finally released me to come home. I spent the next week doing a lot of sleeping and getting exhausted from difficult tasks like checking the mail. I was feeling 100% better by the time Christmas rolled around.
Cravings and Aversions- I’ve got a serious love for orange juice. I’ve actually had to restrict myself because I know I don’t need the sugar. I’ve been eating sandwiches from Firehouse Subs. It’s my go to-lunch stop if we’re ever out on the weekends. Now, I’d love to say that I’ve been craving James Coney Island and bacon; but let’s be honest: that’s just me wanting to eat crap food that I don’t allow myself to eat. I have had some aversions. I prefer not to work with raw meat. It seems to have a smell that is vile. Bleh. The other thing would be seafood. I normally love it but I’ve attempted to eat it several times and I can’t stand it. Yuck.
Other than my stomach virus I’ve been feeling great. I’ve been working out at the gym lifting and doing cardio on the elliptical climber or swimming. I have to work at not getting frustrated with not being able to do the exact same stuff that I did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment