Jenn

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend was awesome. I can’t really put my finger on the one thing that made it so great, but let’s just say that it was.
Saturday morning Hugh and I got up and decided that we had some stuff we needed to get done. It was a beautiful day so we stopped at Firehouse Subs (my latest addiction) and took sandwiches out to the park to eat. It was gorgeous and warm with a little bit of a breeze, just perfect for sitting outside to eat a delicious sandwich. We ran by his parent’s house and picked up his grandmother’s sewing machine. I’ve decided that I want to attempt a few projects that will require me to learn some basic sewing. Yikes! We’ll see how that goes. After that, we ran to Lowe’s and spent an hour picking up random things we keep forgetting to get.
We had dinner Saturday night at The Backstreet Café with some friends. It was DELICIOUS! We had a good time visiting with friends and eating yummy food. I had goat cheese stuffed chicken that makes my mouth water right now, just thinking about it. Oh, and the warmed chocolate cake with raspberry sauce, ice cream and candied walnuts wasn’t bad either.
I woke up Sunday morning to the LOVELY smell of bacon. Hugh had gotten up and made me bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast. YUMMY! It was very sweet of him and I appreciate it so much. He’s very good about doing little things like that for me. Hugh spent the morning painting the ceiling in the nursery. I’m shocked at how much brighter the room is after he painted. I cleaned house and we settled in just in time to watch the Texan’s. Sadly, they lost but we enjoyed hanging out and watching the game.
Hugh and I both had Monday off from work, and we decided to take advantage of the crazy weather. It was almost 80* in the middle of January! What’s this craziness about? We ate lunch at a place called Park 10 Café where we both had very good burgers. They make their own break, so if you’re ever over at the I-10/HWY 6 area, you should stop by. We headed out to Terry Hershey Park (where we typically ride bikes) and we sat out on a blanket and spent time reading and relaxing. Then, we proceeded to walk somewhere between 4-5 miles. It was fun, but different. I’ve really struggled with adjusting my work outs to be more pregnancy-friendly, but we both enjoyed the walk and the scenery.
What did we do last night? Oh yeah…we READ some more (I <3 reading) and watched some of the Always Sunny in Philadelphia marathon.
Throughout the weekend Hugh and I spoke about how things are going to be different when the baby gets here. We probably won’t have many weekends where we both get to sleep in and then take the time to make bacon and eggs. We most likely won’t get to go to the gym together every evening or decide on a whim to go pick up lunch and eat outside. We both realize that things are going to change (for the better, but still different) and that we’ll be leaving this portion of our relationship behind. The two of us will become a set of three and we’ll enter into parenthood. I think it’s important for us to have weekends like this where we simply do what we want to do and have a great time. They may happen less often in the future, but we’ll appreciate them no matter what. I’ll cherish the memories from the weekend and I look forward to making many new memories.
It was a spectacular weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment