Jenn

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Resolutions

First off, I realize that I haven't blogged in a while. I have several posts to catch up on, but I wanted to get this one out here before January turns in February.

2011 Resolutions

Be able to run 3 miles without stopping
Lower my BMI by 3 points of lose 20 pounds
Only go to the grocery store once a week
Stick to our allotted budget
Go to Europe
Be more positive in my dealings with family members.
Convince my husband to play hooky from work at least once so we can go play.
Take the dogs to hike at Sam Houston State Park
Take the challenge route on the MS150 this year
Improve my average cycling speed.
Seriously reduce the amount of sodas I drink.
Keep up the blog!
Work at being a positive, uplifting wife.

I sat and thought about resolutions last night and while I do well with organized specific goals, I think I would benefit from a little less overachieving this year. I tend to allow myself to become very focused on goals so I’m giving a different route a try this year. We’ll see. If I hate it, I can always change them.

2012 Resolutions

Obsess less about pregnancy weight gain.
This has been a big issue for me. I’m very meticulous about my weight and pregnancy isn’t exactly the time to worry about it. I’ve done well so far, I’ve made it 17 weeks and gained 3.5lbs. I’ve been very good about what I eat-only indulging once at P.F. Chang’s where I’m sure I ate my weight in Kung Pao Chicken and Dan Dan Noodles. I know it will all come off and that I don’t need to stress, but old habits are hard to break.

Enjoy my marriage.
Hugh and I have a great time together and I want to make sure that we keep focusing on us and our relationship.J

Maintain my workout regimen (even if it’s modified) the entire year.
I’ve struggled with jogging since I’ve been about 8 weeks along. While it’s perfectly fine to keep running since I was doing that prior to my pregnancy, it’s just not comfortable. I’ve still been going to the gym and doing cardio and circuit weight training. This week I’m starting back to swimming and planning to keep that up.

Keep a positive outlook about my job.

Just relax.

Enjoy pregnancy, birth and motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment