Jenn

Thursday, January 12, 2012

McCrea/Kazmierski Christmas!

This year, Hugh and I went over to his parent’s house for Christmas Day. It was just the four of us (plus our two dogs) and we had a great time. His brother and new sister-in-law were on their delayed honeymoon so we had planned to get together with them at a later date.
For Christmas I’d had one of our good friends make Hugh a beautiful washer’s board. I was blown over when I went and picked it up. It was absolutely gorgeous. I went over to Mac and Theresa’s before Christmas and they helped me set up a scavenger hunt for Hugh. I made up clues using stories that he’d told me about different occurrences during his childhood, and some stuff from when we were dating.  Needless to say, it was AWESOME! Hugh had a good time trying to figure everything out and I think he enjoyed getting to run down the street and search in the garage for clues. In the end, I think we all laughed until we were crying and Hugh was very excited about his gift.
We had a very nice dinner and gift exchange with Mac and Theresa, and by the time we left we were all tired. We were headed out to College Station to spend the night with my parents while Mac and Theresa were coming up the next day.
 Here's Hugh about to FINALLY open the gift he worked so hard to find.

 The incredibly awesome washer board.

Mac and Theresa with the sign we got them for the lake house.

 Here's a group photo done with the timer on our camera. Not too bad!

The group in College Station consisted on my parents, siblings and their s.o., my Uncle Ricky and Mac and Theresa. Of Course, Jackson the cute 15 month old was in attendance as well. We ate a traditional Christmas dinner and tons of fudge. :) For the gift exchange we all had drawn one name and had a $40 limit, which really helped out expense wise. Everyone gave to Jackson and a few of us gave to our parents (which was against the rules but who cares!). Overall, we all had a great time. Mac and Theresa fit in very well with my family, and I think they enjoy the “Slightly controlled chaos” that is Kazmierski.

I’m going to post the best pictures from the two days and I’ll caption them as I go.
Here's Jackson, ready for the gift opening to begin.
My mother found the cutest ornament to decorate my Uncle Ricky's gift with. LOVE IT!

See how pretty Krystal is? Hey Jordan, shave and get a haircut...you're starting to look homeless.

Chelsey looks awesome with gift garland in her hair.

My Mom with the sign that we got for my parents.

Jackson with the gift we got him. Obviously we should have gotten him a box.

Jackson LOVED the clothes that Mac and Theresa got him. He had to climb on the box and show them.

Here he is again with the clothes...

And again....love that smile!

Theresa got a cooler but Jackson decided that it was his.

Uncle Ricky with his bathmat.

I had to include this photo. I love Tobey just looking on resting his head on Hugh's knee.

LOVE ME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment