Jenn

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Camping Update!!

Whew! We made it home in one piece. Inks Lake was awesome and the weather turned out to be great. It was a little cold, but I don’t think we could have asked for better weather. We went with two other couples and we all had a great time. I think Hugh had a great birthday and really enjoyed himself. We got to do some fun hiking, relaxing, sitting around the campfire, and TONS of laughing. Our campsite even got a visit from a Game Warden that made the boys pour out their bottle of scotch on Friday night. I really thought there was going to be some crying involved, but after being threatened with $250 tickets each, I think it was easier to comply with his demands.

There was a ton of food, but I must say that my favorite was the s’mores. I just don’t think food can really get better. Chocolate, toasted marshmallow and graham cracker. I get happy just thinking about it! Hats off to Patrick for fine tuning the difficult art of s’more making. It does taste even better if you heat up the graham cracker and chocolate.

The only negative that occurred would have been Toby and Zorro’s fight. Zorro is a very small dog, Toby is a large one, and they didn’t like each other. Thankfully Zorro is healing and going to be ok. I still feel awful about the whole incident but I’m glad that he’s going to be alright.

Note: Sleeping on the ground was much easier when I was a kid. Apparently, when you’re 30 you prefer sleeping in a bed to the ground. Hugh and I didn’t sleep very much at all over the weekend, BUT we have been sleeping amazingly well since we got home. No more camping on the ground….this girl needs a mattress.

Here are a couple of pictures from the trip.









Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment